Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Dr. Hrusikesh Panda
Reduction and removal of the gap in the Human Development Indices (HDIs) of the Scheduled Tribe population vis-à-vis the general population and help empower socially, economically and politically the Scheduled Tribes to enable them to exercise effective control over their life style, their natural resource base and to make informed choices.
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs is fully committed to enhance the well-being of all the Scheduled Tribes in the country through a multi-pronged strategy as under: To enhance the well-being of all the Scheduled Tribes in the country through a multi-pronged strategy. Formulation and Promotion of Legislative and Executive interventions, Facilitating the upgradation of levels of administration in Scheduled Areas through area and population targeted approaches. Furthering the creation of basic infrastructure for increasing livelihood opportunities, and Providing nutritional support, education,
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs was constituted in October 1999 with the objective of providing more focused attention on the integrated socio-economic development of the most under-privileged sections of the Indian society namely, the Scheduled Tribes (STs), in a coordinated and planned manner. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs is the nodal Ministry for the overall policy, planning and coordination of programmes for development of STs. To this end, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs undertakes activities that flow from the subjects allocated under the Government of India(Allocation of Buisness)Rules,1961.
- Formulate projects/ programmes and policies to ensure better targeting through good governance.
- Ensure focused and targeted delivery of services and social welfare products by facilitating State Governments to upgrade the existing administration in the Tribal areas and effective implementation of forest right act
- Coordination with line Ministries and ensure that the plans and programmes of line ministries as well as State Govts/ UTs Administration to advocate the specificities of tribal needs in their plans and programmes and build in differential norms and delivery modalities.
- Fill-in the gaps in service deficient tribal areas in sectors such as rights, education, health, drinking water, livelihood and social security through the efforts of Central Ministries, State Govts/ UTs, and Voluntary Organisations,
- Create livelihood supporting infrastructure that is relevant, of excellent quality and is in convergence with other infrastructure development schemes of Government of India/ State Govts by helping State Governments to better design Conservation-cum-Development (CCD) Plans for Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PTGs) and proposals under Article 275(1) Proviso of Constitution of India
- Bring about efficiency and transparency in the functioning of the Ministry through outsourced monitoring, evaluation and by uploading as much programme progress as possible on the Ministry’s website.
|Outcome/ Impact of department/ ministry||Jointly responsible for influencing this outcome / impact with the following department (s) / ministry(ies)||Success Indicator||Unit||FY 11/12||FY 12/13||FY 13/14||FY 14/15||FY 15/16|
|1. Improved Social Economic conditions & livelihood opportunities||State Govts||Indices of Social & Economic 2.conditions& livelihood opportunities.||No.||TBD||TBD|
% of Tribals having above Matric literacy levels
a. Post Matric Male GER
b. Post Matric Female GER
|Impact of ministries programme on PTG||No.||TBD||TBD|
|2. Poverty level||Government and the society||% below poverty line||%|
|3. Housing||Rural Development||% households having good houses||%|
|4. Drinkind Water||Drinking Water and Sanitation||% households having dinking water within premises||%|
|5. Sanitation||Drinking Water and Sanitation||% households having latrine facility||%|
|6. Infant mortality||Health & Family Welfare||Infant mortality||rate|
|7. Child mortality||Health & Family welfare||Child mortality||rate|
|8. Childhood vaccination (full immunization)||Health & Family welfare||full immunization||rate|