Department of Health Research
Dr. Vishwa Mohan Katoch
To bring modern health technology to the people through research and innovations related to diagnostic, treatment methods and vaccines for prevention; to translate them into products and processes and, in synergy with concerned organizations, introduce these innovations into public health service
- Generate, manage and disseminate new knowledge.
- Increase focus on research specially using modern
- technology which has relevance to health and disease.
- Harness and encourage the use of modern biology tools in addressing health concerns of the country.
- Encourage innovations related to diagnostics, treatment, methods/ vaccines for prevention.
- Inculcate a culture of research in academia especially medical colleges and other health research institutions.
- Create state-of- the- art health research infrastructure.
- Develop a cadre of trained and skilled human resource for health research.
- Strengthen translational research so as to translate research outcomes into products, processes and diagnostic/preventive tools by public and public-private partnership
Department of Health Research (DHR) aims at bringing modern health technology to people by encouraging innovations related to diagnostics, treatment methods as well as prevention- vaccines; translating the innovations into products/ processes by facilitating evaluation/ testing in synergy with other departments of MOH&FW as well as other science departments and introducing these innovations into public health service through health systems research.
- To provide research leadership for resolving existing and emerging health challenges by promotion, co-ordination & development of basic, applied, clinical and operational research
- To address matters related to major health problems pertaining to epidemics, natural calamities and other emerging causes of morbidity and mortality
- To improve research governance
- To develop new methods of diagnosis, treatment as well as prevention and to accelerate translational programmes specially by facilitating joint projects with other stakeholders like DSIR, DARE, DDR&D;, DBT, DAE
- To accelerate international co-operation in medical and health research
|Outcome/ Impact of department/ ministry||Jointly responsible for influencing this outcome / impact with the following department (s) / ministry(ies)||Success Indicator||Unit||FY 11/12||FY 12/13||FY 13/14||FY 14/15||FY 15/16|
|1. Improved enhanced Health Research in the Country||DHR, DBT, DST, DARE, CSIR, Planning Commission, Ministry of Finance, Deptt. of AYUSH, DCGI, NACO, Deptt. of Health etc.||% increase in total research output in the Country||%||*||*||*|
|2. Enhanced Preparedness to deal with epidemics||DHR and Deptt. of Health||Increase in number of hospital/research units equipped||%||100 * *(30)||100 * *(40)||100 ** (35)|
|3. Improved Health Governance||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (DHR) and Ministry of Information & Broadcasting||% of Health Institutions accreditation||%||15|
|4. Accelerated Translational Programme||DHR, DBT, DARE, CSIR etc||Number of new programmes initiated/Patents Sanctioned||No.||10(8)||15(30)||30(40)|
|5. Enhanced International Cooperative in Medical Health Research||DHR & Deptt. of Health||No. MOUs Signed/Project Sanctioned||No.||4||4||4|