Department of Personnel & Training
To create an enabling environment for the development and management of Human Resources of the Government for efficient, effective, accountable, responsive and transparent and ethical governance
Attracting the best talent for the Government, providing excellent career-advancement opportunities, encouraging competence and innovation, adopting a dynamic framework of personnel policies and procedures, ensuring capacity building at all levels, inculcating and supporting a culture of transparency, accountability and zero tolerance of corruption in public affairs, and institutionalizing a system of continuous and constructive engagement with stake-holders to make the public services in India more responsive, effective and efficient.
- Ensure improved Personnel Management in Government through accountable and transparent personnel policy
- Capacity building of civil servants at all levels
- Management of Cadres under administrative control of the Department
- Formulation of policy of reservation in Services
- Improving transparency and accountability through Right To Information (RTI).
- Improving Public Perception of the Government by highlighting the achievements and making an example by taking effective action against delinquents
- Incentivising Innovation and recognizing extraordinary performance
- Strengthening and Modernization of Central Bureau of Investigation towards improvement of performance
- Transparent and efficient process of empanelment, central deputation and appointments in Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE)
- Implementation of RFD system by RCs
|Outcome/ Impact of department/ ministry||Jointly responsible for influencing this outcome / impact with the following department (s) / ministry(ies)||Success Indicator||Unit||FY 11/12||FY 12/13||FY 13/14||FY 14/15||FY 15/16|
|1. Improvement through RTI Act||Ministries / Departments of the Central and State Governments, CIC and SICs||
Effective proactive public disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005 and its evaluation by CIC or third
|Implementation of online filing of RTI applications and MIS in major PAs||Date||31-1-2014|
|2. Training of Personnel||Ministries / Departments of the Central Government State ATIs/Central ATIs||Development and application of module for Competency Based Capacity Building in two Ministries / Departments of Central Govt||Date||31-1-2014|
Sensitization of functionaries on issues relating to gender/disability/ minorities for inclusive administration.
Enhanced coverage over time.
|Intensive Training Programmes covering increased number of districts over time||No.||50||60||250|
|Customized Training Programmes organised on ‘Fighting Corruption’||No||1|
|Coverage of personnel under Domestic/Foreign Training Programmes||No||20300||22325||25350|
|3. Promotion of Ethics and Values in Governance||Ministries / Departments of the Central & State Governments||Organization of Training Programmes on ‘Ethics and Values in Governance||No||15||20||25|
|4. Improvement in administrative Vigilance||CBI, IFD/MHA, D/o. Expenditure||Approval of the Competent Authority for creation of posts in CBI||Date||30-11-2013|
|Approval of the Competent Authority for implementation of Scheme for Modernization of Training Centres of CBI||Date||31-10-2013|
|5. Improvement in administrative Vigilance||CBI, UPSC, Legislative Department, M/o. Law||Approval of the Competent Authority for Amendment to Recruitment Rules for various posts of CBI||Date||31-10-2013|
6. Improving Public Perception of Government by highlighting the achievements and making an example by
taking effective action against delinquents
|ISTM||Publication / placing in public domain of Handbook by ISTM||Date||31-10-2013|