Department of Land Resources
Ms. Vandana Kumari Jena
To ensure optimum utilization and sustainable productivity of rainfed/degraded lands. To have an effective land use system based on efficient land information system (LIS).
To enhance the productivity of rainfed/ degraded lands and livelihood opportunities in rural areas through a participatory watershed development approach.To put in place effective agrarian reforms, including an efficient land use policy, and a transparent Land Records Management System (LRMS) with the aim of bringing in the system of conclusive titling.
- To increase productivity of rainfed/degraded land through the process of integrated watershed management.
- To support the States/UTs for implementation of National Land Records Modernization Programme (NLRMP)
- Land reforms and other related matters relating to land like administration of Land Acquisition Act, 1894, National Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policy of 2007 , Registration Act, 1908 etc.
- Bio-diesel Mission
- To increase productivity of rainfed/degraded land and livelihood opportunities through the process of integrated watershed management
- To support the States/UTs for implementation of National Land Records Modernization Programme (NLRMP) with the aim of ushering in the Conclusive Titling system and laying the foundation for building an LIS;
|Outcome/ Impact of department/ ministry||Jointly responsible for influencing this outcome / impact with the following department (s) / ministry(ies)||Success Indicator||Unit||FY 11/12||FY 12/13||FY 13/14||FY 14/15||FY 15/16|
|Increasing water availability in rainfed/degraded areas by creating water harvesting/storage structures||State Governments: Which will ensure convergence with MGNREGA, Ground Water Board, Soil Conservation Department and Agriculture Department||Creation of rain water storage structures (measureable in numbers)||Number||0||0||10000||15000||18000|
|Increasing area under plantation including afforestation & horticulture||State Governments: Which will ensure convergence with MGNREGA, Ground Water Board, Soil Conservation Department and Agriculture Department||Area of land including wastelands put under productive use by plantation (measureable in ha.)||Ha||0||0||60000||124000||100000|
|Providing livelihood to 13,000 households||Households provided with livelihood activities (measureable in numbers)||Number||0||0||13000||13000||7500|
|Computerized Records of Rights (RoRs)||Department of Information &Technology, State Governments||States/UTs where RoRs fully computerized||Number||3||2||3||3||3|
|RoR data on website of the State/UT||Department of Information &Technology, State Governments||States/UTs having RoR data on web||Number||4||3||3||3||3|